Friday, September 30, 2005

Its a been a week since we're back from the Thailand trip, I thought all the residue of the trip should have worn off by now. But how we just wish to go back there soon.

I feel comfortable there... The people are humble, warm and friendly, hard working and helpful... Love it there.

This time its going to be just me and my lovely wife. Just the two of us blending into the people there, eating along the streets. I always wondered how a deep fried cockroach would taste like. (I swear they really sell that)

They also sell those icicles sticks made from soft drinks frozen, like Pepsi or Coke. Cost 3 baht per piece, which is like only S$.0.10
Later in Singapore, I saw some punk selling in a Pasat Malam the same thing but made from syrup water costing S$0.80 Whoa man... step away from the stall.

I remember teaching Isabel how to greet the locals when we are there. The only one I myself know is "Sawadi-Kap", But I also told her that the girls have to say it differently... like "Sawadi-Kah" or Kap Pun Kah"(thank you from girl), "Kap Pun Kap" (from the guy).

I didn't know how much Isabel could understand the concept until yesterday...
I found a small toy Harmonica for her to play with. After a while, she turned to me and asked: "Daddy, is it you say Harmoni-cup, I say Harmoni-ca???"

How cute is that??

I almost flipped laughing.

1 comment:

Mockingbird said...

1 baht is about S$0.12357. Very cheap indeed. My colleagues always raves about Thailand. He goes there a few times a year. If Singapoe wants to boost its tourism. Singapore will probably never be able to match the Thais in terms of friendliness. Thais are armed with a smile at all times, are they not? Singapore is a nation of grumps. Ha :D