Monday, September 12, 2005

My parents came and visit us for a change yesterday, mainly to see my newly painted house with its multi coloured walls in different rooms, mah-chiam like child care centre like that(in some ways it is).

I like it when my parents visit, they bring me goodies as if visiting some long-time-no-see old friend (we visit them every weekend), this time they brought me fruits, tibits and 30 eggs...

The eggs in my fridge disappear at the rate of 2-3 eggs a day, but I don't see the eggs in my dinner dishes everyday!!??!! Where can it be?? Hatched and become chicken?

I think its my maid using eggs frying rice for lunch everyday, maybe if I do a cholesterol level test on her, it will shoot sky high.

Anyway, the main entertainment for my parents when they are here are my 2 princess. The Song & Dance & Stand-up Comedian all-in-one will be Isabel. Ally only need to be cute and cuddly, she'll get all the attention.

Isabel don't get as much attention from people beside us parents anymore. Just the other day, with a group of friends came over to my place, I saw her quietly sitting in the centre of the living room floor by herself eating a piece of cake, even with so many people around her, nobody seems to notice her. My heart went for her and I sat down next to her. She shared the cake with me as if showing appreciation of my company. My God, sometimes I wonder to myself, how did she grow up so fast. How much have I missed from her life, I do miss the times when she was just a few months old, when me and my lovely wife are so excited over every little thing she does.

Isable surprised me with her vocab of Melayu the other day, who knows she might even know more malay words than I do. Not only can she count from 1-10, she can tell the maid " Makan Nasi", where to put things by saying "Taruk Sini", "Mao? Tak Mao?"... Very soon she'll be having a real conversation with her in Melayu.

During the earlier days when the maid first arrived. Once, she was cleaning the floor when Isabel said to her: "Auntie mati", Yani looked up in surprise, she tried to smile but she must be thinking: "why this little girl so bad? Tell me to die?"
But in actual fact Isabel was saying: "Auntie ma di (clean the floor in mandarin).

Of course we explained to Yani what she meant, hopefully she believe us.

1 comment:

pepsicolawai said...

Bring you goodies & fruits & EGGS look like "Heong Ha Lou Cheu Siang"