Sunday, September 25, 2005

See Lion Show?? Sea Lion Show??

Harlo!!!

Just took a break... Went to Bangkok for shopping!! Or rather I went there for weight lifting, I'll explain later.

Anyway, went there with my wife and my elder daughter, who was on the plane for the very first time in her life. I was worried at first that it might be a bad experience for her as I heard kids would cry becos of the cabin pressure causing pain in the ear. But she was fine, ate and slept thur the journey.

Bringing kids for vacation is never the same as going on your own. "Just a kid" you might say... but the kid comes with whining and crying, can't walk for long hours so need to be carried most of the time, needs nap every afternoon, drinks milk 3 times a day.

The first day there brought back memories of the previous trip I went with my wife. The Tuk-Tuk in particular... in the day time its cheaper to ride than the night. Why? Becos they will drive you to other places rather than your destination. They will tell you "Please help me... I bring you to gem shop, you stay there for 10 mins, I get coupon for free gas, after that I drive you to your shopping". Every Tuk-Tuk you flagged down in the day time will be like that, waste my time. But I have to admit, riding it is fun, especially if you hum the James Bond theme song to it.
Taxi is cheap, starting price is 35 Baht (S$1.45), 15mins later at most is only 60 Baht (S$2.50) CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP!

We went to this place call the Safari world, where supposedly the animals are running free in a controlled environment. Lions, Tigers, rhino... except no elephants. Not a single one. Funny we all think why is there no elephant in Thailand zoo? Are there so sacred they there are not to be kept captive?

We told Isabel that we are going to Sea Lion Show, she happily sat and waited. the sea lion came and performed. But the expression on Isabel's face was not exactly right, a sort of puzzled way. only after the show then I realized why. She asked me: "Where's the Lion? I thought Daddy you said we're watching a Lion show?" She was not wrong to ask that cos the way I put it was misleading, as I said we going to sea lion show, she thought its see lion show.

1 comment:

Mockingbird said...

I suppose elephants r either protected in Thailand and thus not used in the safari zoo or they are all occupied with pulling logs in the various rainforests. I concur it the absence of elephants is rather strange in a safari zoo.