Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I have a monkey tattooed on my behind... and no, I'm not serious.

But I do have a pierced ear .

*********************************

I remember some months ago, there were a few cases of fallen window casement, causing injuries... real bad...

Then I also vaguely remember something about the government giving order that all window casement units are to be retrofitted with aluminum rivets.

Few days ago, my mail box was stuffed with this "genuine" looking reminder, reminding the owners to have their windows inspected, otherwise there will be a fine of thousands of dollars.

Being a law abiding good citizen and not wanting to take chance of my window falling off and break someone's head, I called up to check on the so called "free inspection" that the reminder is offering. Only to find out that they are charging $40 for admin, although its true that them coming down is free.

(*snap* snap* finger)... Hello? Do I look like a sucker?

I hung up without agreeing anything to it but quickly called up HDB to confirm the necessity of such inspection on my flat.

"NOOOooo... Sir your flat in ****** is new sir, CONFIRM no inspection required, already passed QC one." exclaimed the nice HDB officer whom I may be sending a letter of commendation if I can recall his indian name correctly.

A-ha...

Moral of the story is: Please do a proper investigation before engaging a contractor.

1 comment:

pepsicolawai said...

Lucky U !!

I have not check mine...