Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today my whole family had dinner in Swensen's with a "long-time-no-see" friend of mine and his family. We were suppose to meet up with another "long-time-no-see" friend cos he just came back from Canada for studying there for 2 years.

But I think there was some communication problem... so in the end there's only the 2 families.

Tip of the day: Don't use email to arrange meetings, SMS is fine, never use emails...

Dinner in a restaurant with 4 kids can be "fun"... my side of the table has 6 glasses of water, why? Because the children were toppling them all over if it's placed infront of them.

The art of conversation is to be able to communicate in adult and kids language simultaneously, being able to hold a senseable mature conversation with friends and talk to kids in child like language.

Zack, Ben's elder boy, is quite a chatter box comparing to my Isabel, he can hold a conversation with me pretty well considering I just met him 3 minutes before. He's smiling most of the time, curiously asking his father questions to satisfy his inquisitive little mind.



Isabel sat down at the table and looked thru the menu like an adult, she happily pointed to the "Coit Tower" which has an American flag on it.

"Daaaaddyyyy... I want the one with a flag." *eyes twinkling*

I should have read between the lines, she only wanted the flag. The ice-cream came, she took the flag, but refused the ice-cream (she never liked Ice-cream), I end up eating the whole thing myself.

Anyway, I'll be arranging for the familes another dinner party for a total of...1,2,3... 6-8 adults and 6-7 kids... productive familes, ya?? The guys are all born in the same year, went thru the same training in the army, we are now proud fathers to our wonderful children.

I'm in a mood for BBQ this time... The kids can run in the park and play swing, while the guys we can relive with our army days stories, the girls can sit around and compare labor pain.

"Epidural?... No Epidural???"

It should be fun.

2 comments:

Mockingbird said...

I thought everybody loves ice-cream. Your princess Isabel certainly is unusual. I don't like BBQ. I can't stand the heat. I don't like BBQ food either. It's heaty crap like that gives me a hard time when i'm doing my business in the latrine. I guess Shawn will probably be a chatty talkative one when he reaches 3. He's already babbling tons of gibberish these days most of the time.

Mockingbird said...

And girls are supposed to be chattier than guys. Guys are supposed to be quieter than girls, by right. There will always be those who are against the norm.