Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Last evening while I was having some quality time with my 2 Princesses, taking funny pictures of them with diapers on their heads...

Suddenly, Isabel turned and pointed to the kitchen door. "Daddy!!! What's that???"

I looked in the direction of the dark corner and saw, to my horror, A FLYING OBJECT!!!

COCKROACH!!!!! YUCKS!!!!

I tried to remain calm. Telling them its ok... But the truth is I darn scared of flying cockroahes, its direction is so unpredictable. It has no regard what its flying towards. Man... the thought of one flying towards me and stuck to me sends chill down my spine.

I steadied myself and did what a man of the house should do. I turned to Isabel: "Quickly, grab your chow-chow (pillow), run to your room." I grabbed Ally who was of course oblivious to the danger behind her, and ran to join Isabel in her room.

Before shutting ourselves in the room, I turned to my maid giving her some instructions: "Yani! Kill it! Kill it! Quick! over there!"

We stayed in the room untill Yani came in, signaling that she has properly disposed the pest outside.

I'm not ashamed of what I did... just not that proud that's all..

Haa...

2 comments:

Mockingbird said...

i had an army buddy who recounted his horrifying experience with a flying cockroach. He claimed this roach flew and landed on his forehead. Then he smacked it flat and the roach's juice flowed down his face. Argh! You can't possibly experience anything more gross than that with a roach, can you? My experience was many years ago. One roach flew to my face and i whacked it with a pair of scissors. Thank God i didn't miss. My whack sent it crashing it into the wall and down on the floor. Then i flattened it thoroughly under my foot. I was wearing my slippers of course.

pepsicolawai said...

Pepsi always play with it but until its unconscious, she'll walked away. Then I'll use the spray. Easy.