Monday, October 24, 2005

My baby Ally was born a miracle child. Surviving a 6 hour major heart operation 2 days after she was born. Recovered and went home after only 11 days in hospital.

Not convinced that God's hand is upon her?

Here's more prove...

She's now 8 months old, but managed to climb out of her 4 feet high, properly secured crib, fell to the ground but not a single bump or scratch or fracture or even redness or sore on her.

It happened when I was cooking in the kitchen while the maid was washing the common toilet after I demonstrated to her how to remove the stubborn stain off the floor which she claimed impossible to do. (She keeps forgetting I was the one in charge of washing that toilet for the past 5 years.)

Ally was sleeping in her room.

Suddenly I heard a soft "THUD" followed by loud and persistent crying. I quickly dropped the half cooked macaroni cheese I was meddling and ran to the room with Isabel trailing at my heels. In my heart I was thinking "please let her not be on the floor". But to my horror, she was on the floor trying to sit up.

My heart almost stopped, I carried her, pacifying her and checked her head for any bump or swelling but couldn't find any.

I called my wife to tell her the incident, I was ready to bring her down to KKH A&E to do X-ray, but she reminded me that we have a doctor friend whose clinic is just across the street, he can do a check on our baby or even drive us to hospital if necessary. So I called him to come over to our place ASAP.

I went to the toilet and started banging on the door wanting Yani to come and assist in checking.

"YANI! COME OUT!" (Ally crying in the background)

" Nandi, nandi..." (Sound of scrubbing floor and water running)

"NAN YOUR HEAD LAH... COME OUT NOW!"

"Nandi lah... "

"NOW!..."

"Grumble...mumble..." (Open door)

"Ally climbed out of her bed and fell to the ground!"

Her eyes widened "AIYOH.........!!!"

Despite Ally's struggling protest, I managed to strip her down to butt naked to check for any indication of anything broken...

Nothing... not a bump or anything sore.

"Sir tak tengok?"

"What deng... what gor?"

"Tengok lah!"

"Tak tak la... Saya...eh... masak masak... makan Kasi Isabel." (my malayu one piece one piece type)

"Oorr Sir tak tengok..." (looked at me like its my fault)

5 minutes later my stunt-performing baby was smiling, happily eating biscuit and playing with her elder sister.

Not long later the Doctor arrived. Again, we got Ally butt naked for him to check. He made her stand, grab things, checked the head, and every part of limbs and back... Everthing seems fine...

Its a miracle... Thank God...

Although the ordeal was over, my hands were still shaking an hour after the incident. You can't imagine the shock of finding her on the floor fallen off the height higher than a table.

I immediately lowered her bed to a level where she could hardly reach the top edge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brand Blogs Capture the Attention of Some Companies
Michael Marx loves Barq's root beer. He frequently wears a Barq's T-shirt. He brings Barq's root beer to parties.
Hi, what a great blog.
I enjoyed it very much.
Take a look at my book store related site.

Mockingbird said...

Thank God Ally's okay :) Shawn had quite a few falls when he was just a couple of months old. 1st was his maternal grandpa left him on the edge of the bed on a pillow and he rolled onto the floor. Rushed him to the hospital for x-ray. He turned out fine. 2nd time was his mother was preparing the water to bathe him and left him on the bed and he rolled over. Sent him to hospital for x-ray again and he turned out fine too. Thank God. Ever since then, he's had knocks and falls every now and then.

pepsicolawai said...

Hello,

The word "Nandi" should be spelt "Nanti".

"Tengok" means "look" or "see".
She meant you never look after Ally.