Tuesday, March 14, 2006


We were at the Tampines Mall when we saw a very long but fast moving queue just outside the Mall, we went near it and found that they were giving away free bottles of Coke Light to the people in the queue.

A man with a loud-hailer was shouting "As long as you have 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth, we'll give you a bottle of Coke Light"


So of course being a typical Singaporean who likes freebies, I got into the queue... with my wife, 2 daughters and my maid... a total of 5 bottles for us... ha ha ha... I was surprised they also give my sleeping baby a bottle too, they really keep to their words of "as long as you have a face"...

I prefer Coke Light than Diet Coke which has better taste than the later. But still its too much gas to my stomach.

Do you know Coca Cola was initially a cough syrup? Now you know why it tastes so addictive.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Bottle only? no drink inside?

Allyfeel said...

serious? I thought coke was in a fountain of one restaurant until the boss decided to bottle up and go international. Cough syrup? yuck! Luckily I only drink when I have no choice.

Egghead said...

wah! so long queue ah? is the coke nice?

ZMM said...

Wow.. if it was my husband.. he'll say, Here is RM5.. go and get yourself a bottle from the supermarket and forget about the queue.

My husband is that kind.. no freebies for him if the queue is long. *sigh*

blurblur said...

Hmm..i don't think i'll join in the queue as well, lazy lah..:P

Ahh..and i never know that coke was cough syrup!!! I'm addicted to it...jia luck..

Ricket said...

To Jesslyn: Ha ha... very funny...

To Allyfeel: Serious... I heard it from a radio programme.


To egghead: Long Q but moved very fast, 5 bottles leh... nice...

To Zara's mama: Your husband good ah, no fuzz.

To blurblur: I also addicted, cheers!

Mockingbird said...

I can't drink coke. Its caffeine can give me insomnia ;p

I prefer Pepsi to Coke. Too bad there's no decaf Pepsi in Singapore ;p

lisaOne said...

i'm a big fan of coke and used to be addicted to it. during that time, i can drink 3-5 bottles a day BUT i ended up with a high acidity level in my kidney that i have back pain at the age of 18.
it took me a week of medication to normalise the acidity level and a few months to get over the craving. however, i still crave for it every now and then....

well, i won't be surprised that it used to be cough syrup...it's very damaging.