Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Coffee...

Something I'd never thought I'll be addicted to it... I know its not good to take too much caffeinated drinks, but I can't start the day without it. I love the smell of coffee, the aroma running up my nostrils stimulating my sleepy gray matters. even if its instant coffee.

I will not be grouchy, but just feels like something is missing. The eye lids will be heavy, yawning 200 times per minutes. The morning will seem extra long... I'll keep thinking of going to the vending machine or the canteen to get a quick drink.

But I have another problem... I'm allergic to caffeine if overdosed. One cup is the max, provided its not too strong. If overdosed?... Besides the usual side effect of not able to sleep at night, I also will have very fast heart rate, and hyper-ventilation, I need to take deep breaths, maybe even a little light headed.

So its a "Love , Hate" thing going on. Something I love to have in the morning, but hate it for what it does to me later.


Sometimes when the urge gets strong for a second cup, the solution is to get from either "Starbuck" or Coffee Bean" a cup of Decaf. But the price of a small cup from the famous franchised coffee cost S$3-4 at least. That's like the cost of a meal on the average.

What to do? Like I said, its a "Love Hate" thing.

10 comments:

Egghead said...

I have switched to Tea lately... think is less harmful to body :P

Mumsgather said...

Sobs. I can't take coffee. It gives me bad gastric. I can only smell the aroma from afar. :(

blurblur said...

like you, i have the same side-effects..can't take strong coffee as well..bt i simply love those from starbucks and coffee bean..;p

Jess said...

Coffee, my fav too, cannot live without it....but not so addicted to it lar!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

sorry, not about your coffee, saw your kids pictures... and they are lovely and Pretty too, one lucky dad....

Mockingbird said...

In the words of Jim Carrey as Edward the Riddler in Batman Forever: "Caffeine will kill ya." after whacking his supervisor's head with a coffee pot and rendering him unconcious. Addiction to any substance is never a good thing as it's a sign of imbalance.

Allyfeel said...

I used to consume at least 2 in a day. Even when I had bb I only reduced it to one. But now, only have it once in a while. Dunwan to get dehydrated, want to have nicer skin. :P

seefei said...

quit after i got married this kopi thing. wifey said no good and thats it!! drink more plain water and chinese tea nowadays. juz sharing...

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»