Friday, March 17, 2006

Let's play a game... Who can spot Isabel from the crowd?

We saw from the news paper that some of the characters of the new movie "Ice Age 2-Meltdown" are coming to the mall near our place, so I thought it should be interesting to let Isabel be part of the screaming audience in front of the live performance by a bunch of people in animal suit.

Isabel has seen the previous movie, she was pretty excited, kept saying "The squirrel very funny hor? Knock knock on the ice...ha ha ha."

I got her settled down 40 minutes early, so for 40 minutes she keeps looking at me asking me "Why the show haven't start?"

But when the show finally starts, she covered her ears with her hands because she was near the stage, which means she was also near the pair of 6 feet high speakers that's blasting decibels so high it makes her ears ring.

I noticed she didn't smile throughout the whole show, just watch the older kids participating in games on stage to win movie merchandise. Same old game they play in every road show... music starts, kids starts dancing, music stops, kids freeze. The host will try ways to make them laugh or move. And the last kids on the stage is always the one who doesn't know when the game is over. He'll just freeze there period.

The star of the show hopped on to the stage and moved to the rhythm of Vanilla Ice's old hits "Ice Ice Baby". But the person in the squirrel suit seems to have 2 left feet, doesn't know whether to put down the giant nut and dance or hold it as a prop.

After the show, there's a photo session with the over-sized prehistoric mammal for the first 30 person who can present a receipt of $30 spent in the mall on that day. I wrestled and elbowed a bunch of aunties to obtained the 5th position in the queue, then beckoned Isabel to come. But the 3 year old started crying and kicking, pulling me away from the queue, simply refused to go up the stage.

I guess she's just not ready for this.

6 comments:

ZMM said...

Is she the one in orange..

I guess being blasted like that by the amplifier can 'chase away' any mood..

Was she afraid of the characters? Or just the noise polution that got the best of her?

blurblur said...

Yeah,the one in orange!! :)

Probably 40 minutes of waiting has wear out her 'excited mood'..hehe..:)

just give her more time! maybe by then she'll be kicking and crying if she didn't get to take a picture with the characters..;p

geeth said...

There she is, in orange!

I notice kids get scared of the big characters and loud noise. As she gets older, she'll learn to adjust. My boy also used to scared of the clown!

Mockingbird said...

Should have given Isabel some ear plugs :)

Ricket said...

Yup she's the one in orange.

To Zara's Mama: She was first afraid of the noise, then after show, she's afraid to go near the characters.

To Blurblur: I'm sure she will, but she's the type that dislike attention focused on her. might take a while.

To Mike: I don't think there's ear plugs small enough for her.

To Geetha: Isabel is also afraid of Santa Clause...

Allyfeel said...

Poor Isabel, if I were her, I will do the same to you daddy.I dislike loud blasting speakers too, I understand how she feels. :)

Hope she will give it a go again next time. Wasted your energy hor?