Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New Playground

My one year old Ally started walking about 2 months ago, since then she has been exploring every part of the living room and my study room or "The Library" as Isabel calls it because I made a little reading corner for her with all her books she can access easily to.

But recently, her favorite part of house is the toilet...

She like to climb onto the toilet seat to dismantle the cistern push button, pull down my towel. Like the magician that pulls an endless string out of his mouth, she pulls the toilet paper see how long it can go.

Whenever she comes in when I'm about to brush my teeth, I'll make use of this time to introduce the toothbrush to her. Although she only got 5 teeth, I'll still brush her to let her feel how its like. She has figured out how to lift up the toilet seat, which means I have to find a way to lock it down.

I have a friend who found her Motorola"Razor" handphone in the toilet because a 18 months girl went "fishing" with it in the toilet bowl.

Ally is more attached to my maid than to me, but every morning she'll surely wants me to carry her around the house before letting me go to work. She's such a gem to me.

Well, her most recent check-up with the Cardiologist was last Friday, doctor gave her 2 thumbs up for her condition. Very soon, she will not need check-ups anymore.
If you look carefully at the picture, you'll see the scar on her chest... That's the result of a 6 hour open heart operation when she was 3 days old... Tough huh? Now you know why she's a gem to me.

She is the living testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness. Amen!

11 comments:

Egghead said...

glad to hear that Ally's condition has fully recover! congratulations!!

blurblur said...

Those days must have been tough on your family..thank god it's over now..and Ally is well and healthy:)
God bless!

geeth said...

Praise the Lord that she's now healthy. She's definitely a gem.

Mumsgather said...

She looks so sweetly mischievous!

Mother Superior said...

Praise the Lord indeed! Didn't realise your family went through so much. Like someone said, it's in the valleys that we grow. She's a gem, all right. Thank God. Treaure her!

Anonymous said...

Not easy to go thru that stage ya...Ally a tough girl too!!

Jess said...

sorry, the anonymous is me...:P

ZMM said...

Good to know she's well now. But if you didn't mention, I wouldn't have known.. she's all sweet and mischivious looking here.

blinka.Li said...

oh, u & ally must have gone thru hell. Thank goodness that all is history now and happiness is here to stay! Praise Him the Almighty!And 2 thumbs up to the family!

Ricket said...

To All:
Thanks, its was tough, but there's nothing that God can't do as long as you have faith.

Mockingbird said...

Ally has been and always shall be thy miracle child :)