Monday, January 29, 2007

Ally the Explorer

Thanks for all the well wishes, my daughters are fine now.

Since they are all physically well enough, we brought them to the "Explorer Kids" in Pasir Ris to workout all the extra energy.
Entry fee is $8 /hr per kid for non member, $6 for member.















Of course they are excited, although its the 2nd time Ally is going into this, I still want to follow her into it to make sure she can cope with it. I can depend on Isabel to help her but sometimes she might forget to do so.
At first I followed her through all the small tunnels and narrow opening, trying to help her along the way, protecting her from other older kids that are playing too rough around her.

I was panting like a dog, sweating like a pig by the time we completed the whole course. The 2 of them smiled and then dashed back into the maze after a quick drink.

I looked at the watch, its only been 10 mins, it felt like half an hour already.
















Later as Isabel rested in a corner, Ally began to wander off by herself under my watchful eyes.

She tried the lower portion of the maze, climbing higher and higher. My wife was afraid that she might get knocked off by the older kids, or get her finger stepped on, but I said give her a chance to try on her own.















Level by level she climbed, no worries, no crying, discovering her abilities and practicing her motor skills... she was totally enjoying it on her own.
















As she reached the highest level almost 2 storeys high. She came to face a very steep slope for sliding down, without showing any signs of hesitation, she plunged down the 20 feet slope laughing.

She's a tough cookie.

4 comments:

Contented Mum said...

kids are more adventurous than we think but sometime, their stunt will cause parent to miss a heart beat! I guess that's the "joy" of parenthood!

Allyfeel said...

Ally is getting so active nowadays yeah. Guess u shouldn't be worried too much and let her explore on her own. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to find another daddy's blog. Will check out the place when my girlis a little older.

Shannon said...

i'm back in blog reading again after the 1 week break...
Ally does look so active leh... I think mothers are always the worry one, sked this sked that... I also sure will be worried...