Friday, January 19, 2007

Internet Radio














Recently I discovered the fun of internet radio, I can listen to radio stations from around the world, anytime, anyhow.
I found this Pop Goes Asia radio station on the internet, it broadcasts asia's pop music from J-pop, T-pop (Thailand), C-pop (Chinese), K-pop (korea), etc. Really cool.


I remember when I was younger... very much younger... My father used his transistor radio and pulled the metal anntena really long, tried to receive radio signal from the neighbouring country.
The sound was very distorted, with much statics, but it was a lot of fun trying to fine tune the channel in order to make it as clear as possible.
On a good day, I may be able to hear news and music.
Nowadays, there are more than 10 local radio stations for our choice. Classic, Jazz, news, pop...
Varieties, varieties, varieties...

No comments: