Monday, January 08, 2007

Flower girls

Isabel was asked to be "Flower Girl" in a wedding ceremony for my friend.
I was very excited, as its such an honor to be asked to do so. The night before, we practiced and practiced with the march-in song, making sure that the speed is just right.

Her gown was bought by a friend who's daughter, about same age as Isabel, is also the flower girl for the wedding. She also bought matching wings for all three girls, that's why Ally also joined in as a flower girl.

Her mommy bought a hair clip with a small veil, which she placed over her head pretending to be a bride. She thinks its funny, I do too, for a moment... I also realized that one day she will be walking down the aisle and I'll be sending her off to be someone's wife...

On the faithful day, My lovely wife prepared her for her "Big Day". I looked on... I know my wife is feeling the same way as I do. We both felt as if we were marrying her off today.

"Do I look pretty?"

The three little angels are like celebrities on the set, people came and asked to take their pictures or take with them. And I'm their manager... ha ha

I know Isabel was very stress throughout the waiting period, I asked her to smile for the camera, but her smile was getting weaker with every nearing minute to the actual march-in.

Just minutes before the march-in, she totally couldn't smile anymore. But I also know she has a sense of responsibility to complete the duty as a flower-girl, and no-matter what happens she will walk thru it.


As the doors opened, the Ally took a peep-in then walked in. She was a little faster then supposed which makes her walk very short.

But Isabel walked in slow and steady with perfect timing, although she's so stress till she forgot to throw the flowers in her basket. But she did very well.

I'm just so proud of her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeee, she SO PRETTY!!!! so sweet...
so young u oledi thinking of marrying her off???????

Ricket said...

To Shannon: well the time will come. Everytime I attend wedding ceremony, I will think that one day I'll be sending her off too. Its sad feeling, but I have to accept it.

Sasha Tan said...

wah ..i think when u're blogging about this...sure like abit abit wanna cry right? she's so lovely..

Anonymous said...

They both look so lovely, u must be very proud of them. You think so far ahead already. Mmm...the photo where mommy comb her hair really resemble marrying a daughter off. :)

Anonymous said...

awwwww..so sweet! can't wait for my kylie to be invited to be a flower girl!

LZmommy said...

They look sooo sweet! I felt the same way too (my girl was a flower girl once). I wonder will I live that long...