Friday, July 04, 2008

Chicken Pox- Stay Away!

This is exactly happening to Ally now - CHICKEN POX!!!
Weeks ago, I was planning to bring the girls to get their chicken pox vaccination done. But before I could do it, Ally CAUGHT it.
Don't ask me where and how she caught it. Cos I really don't know....we did not come in contact with anybody whom we know might have it.
It all started when I received a call from my maid on Tuesday.
Maid: "Errrr....Mdm, Ally's stomach has 2 red red bubble......"

By the time I reach home, the 2 red red bubble had multiply to over hundreds of them, all over her body and even her scalp. I immediately brought her to see our GP and was given Aciclovia.
I requested the drug as I know it will help to reduce pain and at the same time speed up the healing process of the blisters. The treatment will be most effective if it is to be started within 24hrs upon the discovery of the first "bubble". It is a 6hrly dose (9am, 3pm, 9pm and 3am) and i have been waking up at 3am for the past few morning to feed Ally her medicine.
I must say, the effort and the money spent is worth it. Ally didn't complaint much during this period and by Day 4 (today), all her blisters has started to dry up. Praise the Lord!

Isabel has been exposed to Ally's chicken pox throughout this period of time. I'm just praying that she will not suffer much when her turn comes.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Having chicken pox at such a young age is good... for me I think I had it when I was in primary school, and I hardly remember it, so I guess the discomfort was bearable. I hear they got MORE as you get older :S

LZmommy said...

Hope Ally will recover fast.. I heard with the jab, there's still chance you will get it.

Rachel said...

hmm..my girl got the chicken pox jab but still caught it but a lot milder than what Ally had..less suffering. Moreover, the GP gave her some anitbotics (I think its the same as Aciclovia) to speed up the recovery. So she recovered in full within 7 days.

Hope Isabella won't get it too.

Poh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ray said...

Chickenpox can be one of the most uncomfortable infection to get. The itch, the fever and the urge to stop scratching. Good thing the medicine helps and little Ally is recovering well. My initial thinking is to let my kids go through the full bloom cycle of Chickenpox like how we went through when we were young. But now, on second thought, their very sight of sickness just reap my heart. So I have decided to bring them to the Doc for aciclovir at the first sight of the little bubble.