Friday, July 25, 2008

End of MC period

This is the 10th day of my MC, soon I'll be going back to work. For the past few days, I've spent every meal with the kids observing them of their diet and behavior... something that I seldom get a chance to do so.

And for the past few days, despite the discomfort in the body, I will still sit with them and enforce good manners and hygiene at the dinning table like washing hands before eating, saying grace with them before eating, sitting upright, don't scratch the feet while eating, don't leave the table unless they get permission to do so...

Some things just can't leave it to the domestic helper.





















Ally showing me her new acquired skill of picking up food with her chopsticks.





















And every morning I watch them struggle with bread and milk. The maid, out of convenience, would make similar breakfast every morning. They would take an hour to finish the meal.

This morning, inspired by LZmommy's bento and Rachel, I made breakfast... I know it its nothing compared to them, but at least it also got fruits and apple juice. ha ha. And they finished it half the usual time.



















So what happened when I got bored at home? There's always the Internet... and decorate the house. The picture above is after Isabel tied a balloon around Ally trying to make her float.

But noticed the wall is painted with steps, that's what happened when I got bored. I painted the blank wall with steps from ground to the highest shelve.

That's the danger of leaving Daddy at home for too long.



.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Hope you are recovering well :) I think you have made full use of your MC at home and it is a great opportunity for you to bond with the kids. Then again, I noticed you already have a great relationships with your girls :)

Hey! You are the first daddy that I know who does that (bento)! :) Must show my hubby and ask him to do that too. Hahaha... Your efforts paid off, the kids finished the food so fast. Sometimes, if we put in effort in preparing their food, they will finish faster :) Nothing beats daddy's breakfast!

Rachel said...

Bento daddy! Wow! *clap clap* this is really something..my hb couldn't even bother to spread the jam on his own bread!

and..hahaha..lol..I like your ending sentence...but i won't mind if my hb will do what you did ("refreshing" the look of our house)