Sunday, May 11, 2008

Young Gamer

Recently I started to let Isabel to play a little of the XboX games. All this while she only watch me the veteran gamer in action but never really had a go at it.

I found this really cute game which is really for children. Its about this curious monkey having an adventure in the big city. The controls are simple and there's unlimited lives and tries.

I started to let her play because it can train her to be patience... certain part of the game requires her to try and try again till she gets the timing and sequence right. At first she always asked me to help, but I keep telling her to do it again and again. Even if it takes "a hundred thousand times" she must never give up.


At times I will take over the control then she'll be shouting instructions, "left left... go up, go up... jump over there"


She knows very well she can have only an hour on every sunday to play the game. So on the weekdays, she will do her homework, never dared to ask about it any other days except to remind me of the game on sunday

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes..to play these games requires a lot of mind-hand-eye co-ordination too!

Mumsgather said...

I wonder at which age we can start them on these games. Been thinking about it because I want to play! Hehe.