Monday, August 21, 2006

Picky Eater III

Some time ago, I posted Picky Eater and Picky Eater 2 half year ago, that's when I started to experiment on the method taught by Child Experts.


Now half a year later, there has been improvement from her, but there are times when she is still quite impossible...

definitely... there is no more blood boiling screams and shouts with threatening of cane and punishments.

She will eat till she says she is full and can't finish anymore, but sometimes she wants to go play or watch TV, she'll eat 2 mouth full and calls it quit. That's when the bargaining will come in.

Isabel: "Daddy... I'm full already..."

Daddy: "You ate too little, please finish it..."

Isabel: "Nooooo... I can't finish..."

Daddy: "Yes you can, at least half of it."

Isabel: "But half is still to much..."

Daddy: "ok 6 more spoons."

Isabel: "3 spoons"

Daddy: "No 5"

Isabel: "4"

Daddy: "How about all?"

Isabel: "ok la ok la, 5 la"

But on a good day, she can polish up quite a lot. which makes me very happy. But she still has an issue about eating vegetables... Once vegetable is in her mouth, she can take 10 minutes to chew... do you know what vegetables being chewed for 10 minutes looks like? I would not want to post it up. But believe me, its not recognizable anymore... But she still feel not able to swallow.

I have to call upon the service of the Supernanny for help, she might not fly from England to here, but her book will come in handy.

7 comments:

LHS said...

Haha...she definitely knows how to bargain with you!

Vien said...

Hmm, have you heard about the star chart? Jenn Tai blogged about it for her girl. I think it's a good start for Isabel. I have Jenn's link in my blogroll. She's The I'mPerfect Mom.

IMMomsDaughter said...

My son is like that sometimes but not as terror to bargain on number of spoons yet. But he'll also take ages to chew his food on his bad days :)

blurblur said...

Damien also very good at bargaining..makes my blood boil sometimes..

Mockingbird said...

These are the moments we wish our kids are more like rubbish bins that will take in anything we give them ;p

Anonymous said...

My son is a picky eater. can't beat him!

blinka.Li said...

aiyo, now u know y girls can bargain better ah? training since young! :P