Friday, August 11, 2006

Believe it or not...

The other day I was walking to the mall with Isabel, I think God just reminded me that Isabel and Ally are His gift to me and my wife, we have to take good care of them. Ultimately God does have great plans for them.

Then I looked at her... holding my hand, a small little girl of almost 4 years old, having complete trust and faith in me in everything I do, believing everything I say or teach her. Suddenly I couldn't believe that I have really become a father...

Sometimes I don't know if I'm able to be a good father to them, but if God says "Yes", then I'll say "Amen". Trust not in my own understanding but really trust God to see me through.

I'm quite strict with the elder one, simply because she is the first born, there is a reason why God placed her to be the first child... Therefore I have to place a firmer foundation in her so that she will be a good sister, a good leader, a good example to the younger one.

One day she'll understand...

One day they'll know how much I love them...

7 comments:

ZMM said...

There are moments like this that you just suddenly realised YOU ARE A PARENT.. and boy, God has entrusted you with a life, to take care and bring up this little person right?

I sometimes asked what have I done to be blessed this way, when I see my happy child next to me. Aaah..

LZmommy said...

I'm more strict with my elder one too. I explained to her why (which is the same reasons as yours) and I'm glad she understand.

Vien said...

Parents tend to put higher expection on their first one. Ultimately Isabel will understand, trust me, as I'm a first born and I finally understood. :)

Anonymous said...

I try to be fair to both mly kids. But sometimes I do take sides especially for the younger one and I feel bad. You have a lovely blog and love for God. Keep up the good work! I am sure your wife and kids adore you. Have a nice weekend

Jess said...

My hubby has the same disciplinary way as u, sometimes i will remind him: hey, wien is too small, pls dont treat her as big sister. But at last I got his point, so slowly accept his way too! Now the big one can take care the small one! His mission achieved!

blurblur said...

Sometimes i look at Damien and the same thoughts went through my mind...thanks for putting it into words..:)

Mockingbird said...

Fathers all get misty-eyed to give their daughter's hand.