Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sounds of children laughter is the best melody in my opinion, especially when its your own children. Its infectious... Contagious... however you describe it, even more so when the child has just recovered from sickness. You'll feel a sense of gladness that the child is well enough to play again.

Not that any of my children were sick, but I just love to see them play and have fun.

We were invited to the Seletar Country Club for a evening where few of my wife's friend pot-lucked for the dinner. While the kids ran off in hurry to the Ballpool Playground, the mothers gathered and prepared for the dinner.

This was the place where I almost lost my handphone once.

I was in the ball pool swimming around having a good time, realizing I never did this when I was a kid... Then I felt the bottom of the pool and found a 20 cents, then I felt somemore coins here and there, I collected about a dollar or so. I told my wife wonder if I can find a handphone in here.

That's when Murphy's Law struck me: Whatever you think can go wrong, will go wrong.

I felt the back of my pocket and realize my phone was gone! Man... I'm now not looking for other people's phone but desperately throwing colored balls aside to look for my own phone.

Of course in the end I found it.

The evening went well except for the little rain and thunder, we can't go swim in the pool. Whenever we thought the rain has stopped, we started to undress the kids... then BOOM...thunder sounded. Life guards there stood by the pool waving people away from the pool.

Eventually it did stop raining long enough for us to get into the pool and played for 20 minutes.


Outings like these are not only beneficial to the children's social life, but for the foreign helpers too. Its a time when they can meet up and swap ideas and talk about home... help to unwind from the routine too.

7 comments:

blurblur said...

Hahaha..murphy's law indeed...luckily you didn't drop your wallet as well..;p

Mumsgather said...

Hahaha. You wanted to look for other's handphone but dropped yours instead?! Luckily you found it.

seefei said...

careful about sharp thing in the ball pool. glad u found your phone back

Mother Superior said...

Some years ago, when kids were younger, I saw a couple looking stressfully at the ball pool. You've got it, they lost their handphone too! Combing through was no joke and I was none the pleased - my child did not have the chance to play!!!

Yes, the sound of a child's laughter is one reason that's made me less grumpy. Try taping them down for posterity.

Jess said...

i do wonder the safety in ball poll, worry any dangerous thing inside it!

Ricket said...

Ya... somepeople told me there might be sharp objects inside. Someone ever told me they saw child pass motion inside.

Mockingbird said...

Thank God you found your phone inside the ball-pool.

Kids shit inside there? Now i have 2nd thoughts about bringing Shawn to the 1 at Ikea. By the way, Ikea is opening its 2nd megastore in Singapore at the junction of TPE and Tampines Avenue 10 :) This 1 will be so much nearer to us than the 1 at Alexandra :D