Monday, May 15, 2006

I've heard about parents doing their kid's homework for them that they end up doing 90% of the homework.

Yap... it's true, heard it, now I'm doing it.

Last night Isabel took out 3 pieces of paper from her school bag and innocently came to me saying : "Daddy, I got homework, teacher say must give her tomorrow."

I was like: "!!!???!!!" "Do you know its 9 o'clock at night now? You are suppose to be in bed? Why didn't you show me earlier?" Sigh... I thought to myself: "If Playgroup got homework, so by the time she goes to kindergarten, she'll start bringing back projects???"

I picked up the papers from her thinking "OK, how hard can this be?" Man... was I wrong!

All of them require the parents to help the child to cut, paste, color, draw and it has to be of certain material...

One of them require us to help the child to decorate the chicken with recycle materials, tissue paper, cotton etc.
I searched through all the cabinets looking high and low for anything I could use, I found some cotton and began tearing it to usable size.
Not wanting to leave Isabel out of it, I asked her to color something while I paste other parts, which is about all she has done for the home work.

I began to paste cotton on the chicken as feathers, thinking: "Hey! This is quite fun."

The other one require the parents to cut pictures of animals, 1 eats meat, the other eats vegetable. I have no magazine of such things to cut and I'm not prepared to sacrifice my encyclopedia, so I quickly fired up the computer to google it on the internet, to later print it out on paper. Good thing my wife found an advertisement of the movie "The Wild" in an Entertainment magazine. "This will have to do" I said looking a the clock as it cheerfully tells me its near 10pm.

As for the vege eating animal, I drew a rabbit, cut it and paste it. Isabel asked me: "What's that?"

I said: "Rabbit." Actually if it not for the extra long ears, I would have called it a dog and she'll believe me.

I looked at the completed homework and admire it for a while: "Not bad..." I'm kind of looking forward to see what grade the teacher will give.

10 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Hahaha. Thats a riot!

Jess said...

Hey, why not show us your project? lol

seefei said...

i am starting a biz to sub-contract all homework from busy parents. we provide total solution from design, contruct, delivery...kekeke

but seriously this is unrealistic to put so much on the poor kids... i will talk to the teachers when my time come...

Ricket said...

To Mumsgather: True, True.

To Jesslyn: I forgot to take picture. I see if she'll bring it back, then I'll update.

To See fei: I don't think the biz will take off. But can try free consultation first.

blurblur said...

Yeah..see fei..i was about to mention about the 'business'...hehe..

Thank god Damien doesn't bring back homework...yet..

ZMM said...

Play group has homework too?? gosh!

Sue said...

Sometimes that's why I'm so reluctant to send Ivan to school at such a young age... too much studying and homework :(

Kids should enjoy themselves at school...

Mockingbird said...

Sounds like the same stuff kids at Children's Church's playgroup have to do :)

LHS said...

First time here..

Oh,finally you're the one who finished the homework!

I sent my Jo to Playschool too when we're in M'sia, but he was quite relaxed!

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»