Sunday, April 05, 2009

Book Review



This is not the first time John Grisham has written a story that doesn't involve any lawyer. His other non-law related work, "Skipping Christmas", "Bleachers" and "The Painted House", all received good reviews from fans.


Although his work has mostly based on law and lawyers, Playing for Pizza is surprisingly a good read. It caught my attention and didn't let go as I turned the pages.


The characters are very believable, emotions setting are in the right place and the situations that our hero got himself in are very plausible.


I especially like the way he described the Italian food... I almost can taste it in my mouth and I definitely have the urge to sink my teeth into a Prosciutto and Tortellini.

Other than the rather brief and undefined ending, I give this book 4 stars for its good pacing and creativity in the story.

1 comment:

beaglesg said...

No wonder you requested for Italian food for your B'day:-)