Monday, September 17, 2007

Lantern / Mooncake festival

Last Saturday, brought the kids to the Chinese Garden where annually, they have lantern festival to celebrate the Mooncake Festival.

All the following photos are taken using my trusty hand phone: Sony Ericsson K810i with 3.2 M pixel Cybershot.





















Very little traditional looking lantern there.
































This year's theme is those sea creatures of Chinese fairytale.



































































Trying to get the kids organized for a photo shoot.

"Ok... everybody sit down"

"NO I WANT STAND UP"

















"Ok... Everybody stand up"

"I want squat down"
















"Let's Pose"
















Free Lantern were given away for every ticket holder. The tiny candle they provided couldn't last 10 minutes. After that, the kids were holding a blacked-out lantern for the rest of the way.

















Little Ally staring at the lights, I wonder if she's thinking of Mommy, like me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe they would enjoy more if Mommy is also around with them :)

Anonymous said...

Oh its really beautiful. Wish I could bring my kids there. :)

Anonymous said...

It's indeed a nice place for the kids to enjoy.. Ric you are indeed a good father and husband.. Do keep it up.. Cheers!!!

etceteramommy said...

When is mommy coming home? I hope your gals and you would get to reunion with mommy soon.

Btw.. I'm also thinking of dropping by the festival tmr with my baby. Not sure if it'll be too crowded.. Hmm...