Saturday, September 08, 2007

Going to New Zealand

Hi... I'm Baaaaack!!!

Where have I been? I've devoted all my available spare time to KNIT.

Why? Well, my lovely wife is going to New Zealand for 2 months for training. I heard the temperature there is now only a few degree Celsius. So I decided to stop whatever I'm doing in my spare time and concentrate on knitting a scarf for her to keep her warm. Its also my wedding anniversary gift to her.

This 2.1m long scarf took me few weeks, every night after the kids are settled in, I hid in the study room from 11pm to 2am, knitting knitting knitting...

Until one night, she barged into the room to find out why I've been hiding in there so often. From then on, I openly knitted it until its done.





















My wife very much appreciated my effort.






















The kids knows their mommy is going away for a period of time. In order to let them have an idea when is mommy coming home, so that they won't keep asking me. I drew this calender for them. Writing the departure date and arrival date on it. I let them strike out one square after each day, so by one look they'll know how long more they have to wait.
















Throughout the day, as my wife was doing her final check of her luggage and documents, the kids walked around the house moody. Ally took nap but woke up crying:"Mommy don't go, mommy don't go."
















Isabel has been moody for a few days, but she understands what mommy is doing, and willing to give full support to her.

Don't worry about anything here, everything will be just fine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wuah!! The scarf looks great :D Am sure your wife would be so lumm heehee...

Jess said...

2 months? so long, if me sure go crazy and miss the girls dearly...

Lovely scarf!

Anonymous said...

u are such a wonderful huby to knit for your wife!

Mockingbird said...

You're the man, man! Staying up late for so many nights, depriving yourself of sleep, to knit the scarf for your missus :D A salute is well-warranted.

LZmommy said...

Wow! I'm impressed! The scarf looks so good and you chose a very nice colour :) Happy Anniversary!

It is a good idea to draw a calender for them to count down...

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a good husband. Keep it up!