Monday, September 10, 2007

Car Wash Babes

As my brother-in-law left to work oversea, he entrusted us with his car for the next 2 years.

And since we're using it, we'll have to clean it. So one fine Saturday, the kids excitedly followed me to the car and drove it to the washing bay.
















There was a queue but it was a short wait, very soon it was our turn to use.

I got the kids to start with the inside as I worked on the outside, I know they won't be much help, and I also know I'll have to do the inside all over again. But it was still fun watching them seriously wiping and sweeping.

















Isabel, as usual, the excitement worn off faster than Ally, while Ally still enthusiastically cleaning the dashboard, Isabel is already thinking of the nearby playground.
















And true enough, Isabel soon ran off to the playground, leaving Ally to continue with the task.
I asked Ally to join her big sister in the playground but she refused saying: "No, I want to wash car!"

But when I saw her rinsing the cloth with the water on the ground, I had to insist that she go join her sister while I called my maid to come fetch them back.

I spent another hour to clean the whole car all over again.

As I was there, I made some new car washing buddies, we talked about cars, politics, food, while each of us got wet and dirty with the car. Its quite "Manly" I guess...

But the satisfaction come when I drove the car back, the smell of a washed car is truly rewarding.

1 comment:

Mockingbird said...

"The smell of a washed car is truly rewarding."

Amen :)