Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The New Maid

The new maid has been in our home for a month now, but she still has a lot more to learn...

So far she managed to trip my power supply twice, almost burnt my sterilizer and broke one of my microwavable tubleware.

Beside the language barrier, which she speaks little minimum conversation english, she is actually a very good worker. Now she made friends with my 2 daughters, especially Isabel, who likes her the most.

Isabel finds her amusing... she is amused at the fact that she can manipulate her and impresses her with her limited English. She tries to be the maid's English teacher, sometimes even Mandarin teacher, teaching her with whatever vocabs she knows. And she uses a tone like an adult. I'm observing her very closely, the moment she crosses the line and becomes rude or impolite, I have to step-in and correct her.

Once, while Isabel was doing her maths, Fitria, my maid, brought in a cup of milk for her to drink.
Isabel turned to her and said: "Kaka? Do you drink Milo while you are mopping the floor? No right? So, How can I drink the milk while I'm doing homework?"

Fitria: "eh?...."

I knuckled Isabel on her head : "Don't be rude, just say thank you and drink it up. After that then come back to finish your homework."

Isabel: "Yes... Daddy."

Fitria has still got a lot to learn about children, I can see the potential in her, with proper training, she can go a long way.

5 comments:

etceteramommy said...

Hahaha, Isabel so smart ...

How abt Elly? She still misses the old maid?

Ricket said...

Ally never mentioned about her Auntie Yani ever since she left. I guess she should not be missing her anymore.

LHS said...

But Ally cried very sad that time Yani left, right? Kids always can forget things very easily..

Anonymous said...

Good that the new maid's working out well :D

Anonymous said...

so clever of isabel to give fitria the analogy of drinking milo while mopping the floor