Monday, June 04, 2007

Isabel likes drawing... Ever since I taught her to mix colors in a drawing, instead of coloring the face and clothes and background with the same color, she just loves it.

Since then, she's been showing off her coloring skills with her friends. She'll coming home with stories of how her friends are still coloring with the same color and how she has used different colors in the drawing.

But sometimes she over does it, she'll color everything with different colors... Umbrella will have a color for each section, a shirt will have different colored sleeves and collars. Everyone looks like they are wearing a joker outfit.

Upon a chance, I saw an art class opening in the Community Club nearby. I signed her up and she was very excited.


On the first class, I was very anxious. Partly because its a new environment and new people she's meeting and I can't be there for her, I'm not sure how she was coping.

Peeping through the window blinds, I managed to see her coloring something...

From time to time, she turned around and looked at other children's work, while the teacher walked around checking on their work and yelled at some of the naughty boys who were up to no good.
















She then came home with a drawing of a frog...

I know she didn't draw this, I also saw teacher coloring most of it. But as long as she's happy, I'm ok with it.
















The second class in the following week, she brought home another drawing very confirmed not drawn by her, but she happily tells me that she learned to do shades of colors and that she likes the class. So.. I'm very happy for her.

I'm looking forward to see what products she can produce in the next class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a gradual process. The most important thing is she's happy with the class and it will make her continue to go :)

etceteramommy said...

I agree with Sue. The teacher cannot expect the students to be able to draw straight away..Start with coloring first will help. Hope Isabel will continue her interests...

Mumsgather said...

Interesting how they all start off by colouring everything the same colour and then a different colour for everything. Haha.