Friday, June 22, 2007

Health Zone


Its the last few days of the school holidays. I haven't really brought them to any where.

So I took a day's leave and brought them to a place call "HealthZone".

The place exhibits proper health care and healthy lifestyle, the importance of eating right. Also it shows how baby is formed, the "The Birds and the Bees".

There is this mannequin of a pregnant woman where we can touch and feel its "tummy" and feel the foetus inside.

Ally was so shocked and scared at it, she clinged to my legs and asked to leave the place.

Isabel was very attentive to everything I said. Especially when it comes to oral hygiene, about brushing teeth. Now she always tell Ally to brush her teeth twice a day.

I believe that kids has to be exposed to such knowledge early so that they have a firm idea and foundation of good practise.

After the "tour", we exited the place, then Isabel said she need to go pass urine. I remember seeing the a toilet in there. So I brought them through the whole route again.

Because it was closing time and there wasn't anyone around, we walked through the "giant eye ball", "dissected human body", the pregnant mannequin... quite eerie... really...

Now I know how the kids felt.

7 comments:

plink said...

Ermm... This dental health exhibit is a bit worrying. Why are the front two teeth missing?

Ricket said...

Something to scare the kids if they don'e take care of the teeth.

Anonymous said...

my kid's school bought them to the Health Zone a couple of weeks ago. But I intend to go with them again because you know how these school excursions are like, they skip here, skip there and they have to look after so many kids, how to teach and show every single one of them....

etceteramommy said...

The exhibit looks huge.. comparing the size of Ally & Isabel there. Unfortunately we dont have such exhibits in Malaysia. What a shame. :(

LZmommy said...

It looks like a good place to bring the kids there. May I know where is this place? Thanks in advance :)

Ricket said...

To lzmommy: The exhibit is located inside Singapore General Hospital.

LZmommy said...

Thank you :)