Monday, May 07, 2007

Sense and Sensibility


Isabel is now 4 and a half years old, for her age, sometimes she acts like her age, runs around laughing and playing with her sister, or refuse to eat her vegetables. But sometimes when we have our little conversations, I find that she can be very mature.

Just Sunday, I was helping to comb her hair, we were just talking...

Isabel: "Daddy... why do you buy so many things for me?"

Me: "Well... I want you to be happy, I thought you would like all these presents."

Isabel: "Daddy don't need to buy me things lah. You keep your money in your piggy bank."

I was a little surprised, normally children will ask for presents but she didn't. I guess the best present a child can get from parents is their approval and attention.

Isabel like any other children, likes to eat ice-cream, but on days when she has cough, she will totally refuse it. She will not succumb to any temptation.

5 comments:

LHS said...

Isabel so lovely and mature! So maybe deserve to have another new present! LOL!

Anonymous said...

First of all, both of your daughters is so beautiful. As for Isabel, I guess you has been bless by GOD for such a wonderful girl. That conversation you had with her, it a present from her to you.

Anonymous said...

the part about resisting ice cream... eee... PAISEH, i also won't resist lar, cough also i will WHACK first, think later... hahaha

etceteramommy said...

She is indeed mature for her age.. a very good role model for Ally too. Both Daddy & Mummy has done well. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a good girl. Don't it makes you just wanna buy more gifts for her LOL!