Friday, November 17, 2006

Rescue Me

As I was walking home one evening, I came upon the playground and saw a group of (1)young men tieing something. There were many bystander around watching them.

Next thing I know, the group of young men were holding up a very long pole made of many bamboo poles tied together, tickling the nearest tree.



















That's when I realised that there was a ball in the tree...

But despite their effort, the pole was still at least 5 feet too short.

Then out of nowhere, an (4)uncle came holding 4 more bamboo poles and helped them tie it to the existing one to make it longer.















As I watched them beat around the branches, few things came down instead of the ball... there were 2 pieces of (3) garments, a styrofoam toy plane and other things I couldn't identify.

Suddenly a (1)boy of about 15 years old appeared right infront of me and patted me on my shoulder assuringly said: "Uncle! You wait here, I go and get the ball back."
Then he ran off to another passerby and patted him on the shoulder and said the same thing to him. I was puzzled, but I also know he's intellectually challenged. What I like about him is that he always has a smile on his face, and he's helpful too... tried to help hold up the pole.































I didn't stay long enough to see how they finally got back the ball, but I know its done because when I walked passed the place the next day, the ball was gone. But I also wonder, how the ball can get so high up there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garments? Toy plane? Was it due to heavy wind?

Ricket said...

To Hui Sia: I don't think so, garments should be dropped from the nearest apartements, toy plane probably lost control by the children in the playground.