Monday, August 15, 2005

Is it true that its easier for pregnant ladies & women carrying babies to get seats than man with babies?

NNnnnnnoooooo!!!! Its just as impossible...!!!

Singaporeans don't give up seats for people who needs them any more. from the way they step on toes to get into the train before passengers comes out, shows that they are very hard up for a seat. why would they give it up?

Singaporeans see the MRT seats as their bed, they will close their eyes, and pretend to sleep so that they are oblivious to world beyond their skin. So that its not their fault when some pregnant lady stand in front of them and not have a seat. "Hey... I had my eyes closed, how do I know?" Yeah right, very convenient.

I noticed that if they don't get a seat within the first 30 secs when they entered the train, their window period of opportunity is over. They can stand from Pasir Ris to Boon Lay for all they care... no seats means no seats, some times they have to fight for it with some young people... tsk tsk tsk...

I walked in to the train umpteen times with a baby in my arms, nobody ever gave up their seats, maybe only once, but that's only becos I stared at him for 5 whole mins until he can't take it anymore. But in general, men don't get seats for carrying child in hand. Its like...:"You're a men... be a men."

2 comments:

Mockingbird said...

Indeed. We have advanced and progressed to become a 1st world country in terms of economy and technology. But in terms of courtesy, we are still 3rd world.

Anonymous said...

I agree with u!!