Saturday, September 25, 2010

First Swimming Lesson

For years, I've been trying to teach them to swim, but they won't listen to my instruction. They just cling to me or the side of the pool afraid to go any deeper.

Finally I've decided to send them to a proper coach for swimming lessons.

I booked the lesson in SAFRA Yishun. Heard its rather popular as for the past 2 sessions I couldn't sign them up as the places were already fully taken.

Before the lesson, Isabel was worrying if she would drown, or swallow water, or what if water goes into her ears... But Ally was rather neutral, she just want to have fun.

I wasn't told that they have to have a swimming board ready, but our friend who's daughter was in the earlier class, called me to inform me of it.

When the class started, they began by doing some warm-up. The girls gingerly joined in as they are unfamiliar with the people there.


Coach Soya, and her assistance coach Lisa patiently went through the safety and then the basic foundation of breathing and holding breadth. One of the student is repeating the course cos she failed the test at the end of last course. She looks not a day older than 4 years old...

Another girl is simply a princess of her own La-La land. Doesn't care about the on going lesson, played in the baby pool for most of the time. Her mother has to keep dragging her back to join the group.


After the lesson, they were eager to practice more, immediately I could see the improvement of the water confidence and the movements.

I hope this will improve their health and well being, and for me I will get some exercise too. I'm planning to hit 20 laps by the end of their last lesson.

No comments: