Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crisis in Life

Recently I've learned that crisis is normal to life. Crisis will make you stronger and better.

I wonder does it apply to Mid-Life Crisis.

All this while, I've always thought mid-life crisis is for people in their fifties. If that's true, then man's average age should be over a hundred.

But since the average life-span of a man is 75, then I guess I'm at the right age of going through the MLC.
I did not know that I was going through this phase until I read an article which listed some of the things which men in this phase of life has a tendency to do... I scored pretty high on the list.

One of them is the tendency to look for something dangerous and reckless, to prove his manliness. Thus, I've been thinking of bungee jumping, getting a tattoo...I'm also bothered by my complexion, my youthfulness seems to have been zapped out of me. People used to guess my age at least 5 years younger than my actual age, but recently everyone seems to guess it right or a year ahead. Its really disheartening.

I bought a bottle of face-lift cream, spread that thing on my face day and night like kaya on toast, but it does not seems to work as it was advertised. Sigh...

I've also heard of applying Aloe Vera on the face could help to give a smooth complexion, So I bought a big piece from Cold Storage and started to apply the sticky gel every night. But one product which I've secretly been using is my wife's SK-II Facial Treatment Essence which contains Pitera. That seems to work.

Beside the physical, career is another issue. As I edge towards the next big "zero" of my life, my marketability is definitely going down. I looked at my career path, I know I have to steer hard towards my goal. I don't have much time to be idling around thinking I still have tomorrow to do whatever needs to be done... Everything needs to be done now.

I now also have a clearer picture of what I need and how to plan it. I called up my insurance agent, went through all my polices, made the necessary changes. Now I understand what is that peace of mind that the insurance company has been marketing about.

So to conclude, I guess crisis in life is really about showing you what you should have done earlier, get it done, make the change and come out of the crisis to be stronger and better. But like what my Pastor said, never lose sight of God, hold on to your core fundamental.

I'm still going to get that tattoo soon.


.

2 comments:

Mumsgather said...

lol. You made me laugh so hard. I especially like the part about your kaya spread. haha.

Unknown said...

It's a good starting point to re-examine ourselves once again. Hair loss, wrinkles, career, market value, sagging muscles etc... But these does not seem to apply to you ler. :)