Wednesday, December 09, 2009

To the Zoo

As I looked back, I realized that it has been a year since we've brought the kids to the zoo. I've heard of many new features added, especially the "KidsWorld" where the water play area is especaily attractive to the kids.

For the whole week, the 2 of them have been saying "I can't wait to go to the Zoo!"

We promised them games and quizes along the way to make learning more interesting, so days before, I have been doing some "research" on the net, planning a different route to hike through the zoo as I noticed that we have been going to the same route every year, seeing the same animal and missing the rest.

I copied the list of animal from the zoo's map and compiled into a list with serveral pictures inserted, printed it complete with spaces for them to do drawings.

I also looked through some website to look for quizes for them to answer.

On the morning, the kids woke up promptly and got ready. On the night before, I prayed with the kids for good weather, and God is good, the weather was very pleasnt throughout.


Upon arrival, the kids were rushing us in, running along to see the first animal. I tried to explain the rules of the quizes and the use of the compiled list of animal but they were not really listening anymore. They look like that drank Red Bull for breakfast instead of milk.


We arrived at the kidsWorld at about 11.30am, not wanting to be caught in the frantic lunch hour queue, we decided to have a earlier lunch at the only eating place there... KFC.

To keep them entertained while we went to queue for the food, the kids studied the map for the route we are to embark later.

The Water play area is the main attraction in the kidzword. At any one time, there must be close to a hundred kids splashing in the shin high water, cooling themselves in the heat of the mid day.

Everyone had fun in the area. Ally braved through many of the splashing water.


The older sister took care of the younger ones as they played along.



Ally went up the water slide 7 times


After the play area, we continued to complete the route, the kids were starting to lose interest as they were feeling tired.

We sort of rushed through the rest as we walked by the animals, stopping to view those that are really interesting.

It was an awesome day, I did my best to entertain the kids and make it fun, in the process, I think there is stronger bonding between parents and kids. Which is what its all about.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey,
your girls grown up so much now! so sweet!

Jess
http://kidsislands.blogspot.com/