Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas is here...

Christmas is of course very special to most kids...
My kids are no exception... They love the presents, the food, the gathering with other kids...


Ah Boy's first Christmas celebration.

Talk about gatherings, its amazing how women manage to keep friends from every levels and stages of their lives, as far as from primary school, secondary school, tertiary and working lives all gathering every year for all those major seasons like Christmas and Chinese New year. But now as the number of kids has outnumbered the total number of parents add together, we find ourselves meeting more often for occasions like full month celebrations and birthday parties.

Last week's Christmas weekend, I was unusually excited, reason being... I finally got the chance to pop open the bottle of red wine which I've been trying to find the right occasion to open it and share it with the other guys.

The evening started slow and quiet as the mothers are busy stuffing the kids with food they each have prepared for the pot luck feast.

The highlight for the night, beside being the gift exchange, is the violin performance by Isabel and her friend. Ally wanted to be in the limelight too, so I gave her a tambourine to create a beat for them.





We clapped and cheered for them... but the lesson I learned is at the end of the day, when I was washing up preparing for bed. Isabel came to me and asked me... "Daddy, did I do well tonight for the violin perfomance?"

I then realised, that all those cheering and clapping that she get at the end of the performance doesn't mean as much to her as the approval and praises she get from her own parents.

I gave her a big hug and a couple of kisses telling her "You did very very well, and I so proud of you."



.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

I think it was a great idea to have the kids performed together and that was definitely the highlight of the night :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by my blog :) You have lovely kids :) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Mommy to Chumsy
http://chumsyashley.info