Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Outdoor movie screening.

Last friday at the lift lobby, I happened to chance upon a poster that was informing of an outdoor screening of the movie "Transformer: Revenge of the fallen" over weekend at 8pm. organized by one of the local religious organization.

I thought it will be fun to bring the kids for this outdoor event, let them experience the old fashion entertainment that my father used to bring us to.

Hours before the show starts, they were already keep checking with me, reminding me not to miss the time.

As my memory for such outdoor screening is still at about 30 years ago. I remember bringing my own chair and sat in the grass field with my father watching "The God must be crazy". So I packed a foldable chair each for girl, a bag full of tidbits and a couple of water bottles.

It was a cool night...



We walked to the event location but found a huge tentage serving close to a hundred tables of dinning guests. But I don't see the screen showing the movie...
After asking a couple of guys who are completely oblivious of such things, but I managed to spot the screen in a corner behind the building.
The first thing I noticed was that its a cement floor... Then I noticed that there were chairs provided too.

I pulled a stacked of 3 chairs and found a spot not blocked by anyone, once we are settled down, girls were asked for the tidbits.


45 mins later, Ally was fidgeting... by the first hour, she was asking when are we going home.
She fell asleep half hour before the show ended.

I thought I should be able to watch the ending, but 5 minutes before it ends, Isabel said she need to go toilet.
I gave up on the movie as thought I should get a head start before the crowd starts to move. So I woke Ally up who immediately protested that she's too tired to walk and demanded to be carried.
And so I carried Ally on one shoulder and a bunch of foldable chairs and a bag of tidbits on my other shoulder, Isabel hopping by my side, keeps telling me she need to go.
All in all... its not a bad experience, if they were to show Hannah Montana or any Disney Princess movie, I'm sure the girls will be able to stay longer.

No comments: