Monday, July 27, 2009

Dividing Attention

Since the arrival of our latest member, as parents, our attention for the kids have to be further divided. Isabel requires constant pushing to get her homework done and learn her spellings and 听写.
Ally requires coaching and spend time with her to teach her new words and keep her interest in reading.
Jared needs to be changed and fed every 2-3 hourly.

Today, as I was coaching Isabel with her homework and my wife was nursing Jared, Ally was reading her book with my domestic helper. I'm not a bigot, but I do have concerns if my children are learning their first language from someone who has problem pronouncing most of the words.

But how do we make more time for them?

2 comments:

Blessed mum said...

kapo a little here, your situation rather similiar to mine except you still coach your kids. for me, hubby only take charge of the "entertainment" side.

k, I coach the girls with their school work during the day while Nicholas is in Childcare centre. When he is back, I will read storybook to him and baby in my arms nursing or on a rocking chair.

beaglesg said...

To Blessed mum,

mmnh..reading to Nicholas and baby at the same time. Killing 2 bird with one stone! Something i learn today.

Thanks for sharing :)