Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Morning Fights

I guess the excitement has finally worn out...
Nowadays, Ally don't like waking up and be all excited for school.
She'll be screaming and crying when my maid tries to wake her at near 7am. She'll start with saying that she's tired... if anyone persistently tries to wake her, she'll start to scream... If she's being forcefully picked up, she'll kick... If anyone switches on the light... earthquake will occur.
It gets urgent as time draws near to the school bus pick-up time. My maid will have no choice but to pick Ally up and carry her to the bathroom. That's when she'll really kick and scream... That's usually when I step in.

After a few days of such dramatic mornings, I decided to wake her up myself. Its not that the maid is not efficient, but rather, I don't want her to develop the habit of bullying the maid.
I can't say that I have better luck than the maid, but I know Ally will give me less trouble.
During the last few days, I have tried many ways to wake her with less hassle. I tried singing the "Good Morning" song but I got the pillow-over-the-head respond, I tried tickling her but I got a flying-sick-kick-in-my-rib respond. I've tried doing silly things to make her laugh, this works quite well but the initial struggle is still unavoidable.
Finally, I developed a massage-till-awake method which gives the best result. The theory came to me as I realized that after sleeping in a position for so many hours, its hard to move the muscle. So by massaging, it helps the blood circulation and reduces irritation for waking up. Also it a more gentle way of gaining consciousness.
The beautiful thing about her is that there is a point where she'll suddenly be awake and all the nonsense will stop... almost all. I guess its when she is fully conscious and is ready to go to school.
.

2 comments:

blurblur said...

Kung-fu girl in the making?? :P

Shannon said...

wah, u really very patient lar... if me, sure scream like crazie woman liao!!!!

good job!!!!!! :D