Saturday, October 04, 2008

I've always been a big fan of IKEA's restaurant, we eat there almost once a month, sometimes more. Only problem is... so do thousands of others, its always difficult to find a table during feeding time.

So the strategy is to find half a table, get permission to share it, set the kids and the maid down and we go get the food. By the time we're back from the long queue, usually the rest of the people at the table would have finished and left.

Now at the check out area of the market hall, they sell Swedish canned food. That's where I saw this...



Anchovy. The picture shows yummy looking fillet spread on some kind of bread. It looks very appetizing. So I thought I give it a try.



I got the bread... opened the can and splat them on it...

Suddenly, it doesn't look so tasty at all...

Worst when the smell hit my nostrils. It smelled of salt and vinegar. It tasted like salt and vinegar... with a thick sweet after-taste making it hard to swallow, the slimy texture didn't help either. I have to choke them down with my nose pinched.

The moral of the story is, not all things that looks good, may taste good.


***************************************************

Last weekend, after trying to vacuum my air con fan coil unit, I realized that the thick dust could not be cleaned out easily.

I went online and googled, trying to find a better way to clean the coils. I then found this product...


ConCaire

the product boast to kill 99.99% germs hiding in it, clears choke, washes off thick dust.



I followed the instruction and watched the dirt flowed out of the fan coil, amazed at the amount of dirt layered in the unit.

But the liquid I collected at the end of the day was only a tenth of the content I sprayed into it. I hope the rest are flowed out through the pipe and not choked halfway.

But otherwise, the fancoil seems to work better, with clearer better air. It cooled the room faster. I may get the bigger bottle to clean the rest of the rooms.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i was about to say the same on the actual anchovy..looks so different from the packaging...