Saturday, June 07, 2008

Wall Mural

I've always been inspired by those artists who can draw on the wall, not that I want to be one... but it looks nice to have one on my living room wall.

But I don't have the talent for it... yet. Until I found the instant wall mural stickers from IKEA.

I bought a packet and started to surf the Internet for ideas... I noticed a lot of them make it look like a hanging branch, I guess the feeling of the season "Fall" is pretty romantic. So I decided to have mine as "Japanese-fall-season-contemporary-zen" look.



I started with the main branch.


progressed to the smaller branches




Then added more branches and leaves


I placed falling flowers and leaves in the wind to create the effect of "Fall"



Does it have a cool autumn feeling?



The girls helped to stick the lower part of the pictures with flowers and humming birds.
This is the only time I allow them to place stickers on my wall. I told them not to add stickers of their own to it.


This is only part one of the project.
Stay tuned for more of "How to decorate your house with less than $30"

HA ha



.

6 comments:

LZmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LZmommy said...

This look like a pro job! Can't wait to see the outcome! :)

Sue said...

Very nice :D Seems like having wall murals are kinda the "in" thing now... I see lots of wall appliques being sold online too...

Rachel said...

wow nice! is it as easy as it look?

Ricket said...

To Rachel: Its easy, it took me about an hour or so, but you must have an idea before you start.

Mockingbird said...

Lovely :D When did you get the 42" LCD TV? Cool :D