Friday, December 22, 2006

This Christmas as we celebrated with the world, the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we also mourned with our friends their lost of a loved one.
Just 4 days before Christmas, we received a message from our friend that their 2 months old baby has passed on to be with the Lord.
The baby has never left hospital since birth, fighting for his life in ICU after an open heart surgery when he was few days old.
I really feel for the parents, because my second daughter also had an open heart surgery when she was 3 days old.
I was very sad when I heard the news that day, but later I remembered reading a book by Chris Pringle saying God will take care of the babies in heaven while they wait for the parents to come.
Here's an extract from the book:
It is but a distant memory
The day you went away
Not quite sure what to say
Silent tears of confusion
Were quickly brushed away.
Life goes on they say
Did you know I loved you?
Did you know I cared?
Did you hear me talking to you
As you were being prepared?
I'm so sorry I wasn't strong for you
So sorry I let you go
We were only together a few weeks
And you never get to grow.
Life goes on they say
He took you slowly on angel's wings
Away from all the pain
Soaring high throughout the heavens
Never looking back again
Arriving at His special place
He welcomed you with love
Stay here with me in heaven
Until your mother comes above
It's not the sort of thing you talk about
"Get on with it" they say
But someone did talk about it,
And now we're on our way. Yeah!

(Quoted from the book Jesse found in heaven... by Chris Pringle)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt so sorry to hear the news...

Anonymous said...

for a while...i'm totally lost for words...
i felt sorry....so sad...to read this....

may LORD be with the little baby and let's pray for the parents to be strong.

etceteramommy said...

Soooo sorry to read about your frien's news...I hope they're okay now. I cannot imagine the sadness one has to go through in situation as such...very sad to read.

You mean Ally also had a open heart surgery when she was 3 days old? Must b tough on you and your wife too.....