Monday, December 04, 2006


One of my life long unfulfilled dreams is to join the "Iron Man Challenge" -- The Triathelon... Swim, Cycle and run.

But procrastination has caused me to delay the training... Now I have a new reason...

I tore my Fibrous Band.

I was in an open field playing with my daughters, they ran ahead, I gave chase. I wanted to cut their path by running faster in another direction, but just as I pushed harder... I felt a "Pop" in my left foot.

It was more like a rubber band stretching beyond the max and snapped.

The pain was not instance, it gradually creeped in as I walk. Soon it can't bear my weight, I have to start to limp on one foot.

The next day was bad... I couldn't even walk 50 m without stopping and lean on something.

I went to the clinic today, but the doctor say he couldn't do anything but give me pain-killer and advised me to rest my foot, I should be well in a week, then go back to see him after 2 weeks.

I got 2 days MC. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyoyo... that sounds really painful leh.... aiks...
hope u get well soon..... take good care yeah, get a crutches, don't use ur leg...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to take x-ray, pain killer just for short term.

Anonymous said...

Hope you will get well soon...

ZMM said...

OH boy.. must have hurt!

Enjoy your MC.. with your girls. :)

Anonymous said...

ouch! rest well..