Monday, July 10, 2006

Opps! I did it again...


Yup... Isabel forgot her homework again. She had a whole weekend but only started doing it an hour before bedtime.

Well, its not so much as in forgetting it. Its more like she chose to ignore it. When we asked her if she got any homework, she'll say: "Aiya... I don't care la."

Of course I don't encourage such attitude from her, but I also know that she haven't seen the importance of completing homework nor has she seen the wrath of a teacher when she don't hand it in. In her little mind, teachers are always the sweet little lady that talks nicely and hands them snacks, the one that tells them nice stories of Fairies and Princess.

But for now, she'll have to deal with us first.

During my time... teachers can do all sorts of punishments to us... not that I get much of it. Its just that they can get away with harsher things done to us, all in the name of "Good for us".

I ever got poked in the face with a red pen several times by my English teacher for forgetting to put "Full Stop" at the end of sentence.

Discipline Master ever grabbed my hair and yanked it for it was too long by his standard.

I've been made to stand on chairs or even tables as punishment for something I couldn't remember now. Maybe they sees us as little monsters...

But teachers nowadays live in stress and fear. Fear of getting complaints from parents... complain them for hitting their little precious baby... for making him stand on table lest he falls down from it.

Some parents don't just complain, they write letters to Ministry of Education in order to get the message across. Get the teacher fired if possible.

Earlier there was a case whereby a teacher was scolding a student in front of a class, the whole scene was secretly captured on a handphone by another student and placed on the internet. The teacher was later reprimanded for using harsh words on the student.

But turning around and look, will all these complaints do any good to our education systems or to our children? What would you do if your child is being punished in school?

9 comments:

Egghead said...

who loves to "remember" their homework ler :P

IMMomsDaughter said...

I remembered during my secondary years, I had a very fierce disciplinary teacher. While I was passing notes :) with my classmates, he noticed me smiling and threw a chalk right at me. MY face turned death white..scaryler...I was really terrified & todate I still place this incident as one of my "Near Death Experience". Those were the days when students were afraid of teachers. Unfortunately now, *shake head* don know what to say

Allyfeel said...

It depends on what kind of punishment. If it's just punishment of standing at a corner for not completing homework, I am fine. :) But definately not harsh and rude words or throw things at them. A teacher shouldn't act like that anyway.

blurblur said...

I tend to worry that if i complain, the teachers might vent their anger at my child...so i don't think i will be those 'complain queen/king' parents...;)

Jess said...

nowadays education really no eyes to see sometimes! still prefer old time where the teachers are strict and fierce!!

Mockingbird said...

That's why our kids are such spoilt brats nowadays. Teachers' turnover rate is at an all-time high despite all the attractive high-pay and stuff. Unless parents cut teachers some slack in disciplining the former's kids, teachers would have no choice but to let the "softies" reign supreme.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Jenna jameson in movie