Monday, January 16, 2006


Runs in the Family

I know I like to watch TV. But with the coming of my 2 princesses, I've cut it down drastically. If I need to watch, it'll be after they have all gone to bed... including my lovely wife.

But I just realized that my younger daughter also likes to watch TV... she don't eat her cerel or porridge without watching her favourite DVD.

I tried feeding her without the TV on, but all she does is shake her head and push my hand away... but once the show is on, she just quietly slurps up everything.

I guess it really runs in the family to be a TV addicts.

5 comments:

Mockingbird said...

i guess it's okay as long as they don't watch it too near. Shawn loves to watch TV very near. I always have to pull him away from the screen :(

Mother Superior said...

Hmmm... as a mother of two kids who were brought up eating in front of the TV at MIL's, I realised it was tough to pull them away. More importantly, when I resolved to make dinner a conversation time, it was EXTREMELY tough.

But I succeeded to a certain extent after exhaustive planning of table games, topics, and interesting quizzes for them. You can see my blog "Dinner Engagement" in November 2005 for some ideas.

Tearing kids away from TV will be tough but mind you, the effort one puts in will be rewarded, some day. There must be resolve.

I'm still strugglng, and dinner is starting in 20 minutes! Help! :-)

blurblur said...

Damien is different from me though, i'm basically a TV addict!:p Whereas he's more like the daddy in this aspect, he prefers News and Documentary shows...what a bored! :P

Mockingbird said...

Your blog is getting cooler and cooler everyday. Using the photo of your princesses as the background? Cool. Way cool :) Keep up the good work pal :)

Ricket said...

To mike: Thanks to you, still got a lot to learn from you.