Thursday, November 17, 2005

Life's Like That

I'm seriously considering to switch to buttons instead of zippers.

I was going to a seminar the other night, but before I went down the hall, I decided to go release the much accumulated excess fluid in the bladder.

Of course I didn't use the handicap toilet.

As usual, the men's room was not as crowded as the ladies' probably because man does it faster... (1)unzip, (2)Wee, (3)zip, (4)wash hand, (5)go... some don't even bother to look at the mirror.

I went from step 1 to step 2, but when I go for step 3...it happened... the zip got stuck.

I proceeded to start pulling it in all direction with no better result. With a final pull and not knowing my own strength... nightmare happened... my worst fear... THE ZIP GOT RIPPED APART!!!

How many of you know its not possible to repair a zip with bare hands??

I stared at it with my jaw dropped to my chest but quickly recovered my expression not wanting to draw any attention. Moving swiftly to the nearest available cubicle and closed the door behind me. My mind racing to calculate my options...

I spent the next 10 mins sitting on the toilet bowl in my underwear trying with futile outcome to mend back the zip. At the same time I messaged my friend to find safety pins for me.

I can almost hear him roaring with laughter when I was sending the message. When he finally showed up 5 mins later, he could hardly suppress his snickering.

Well... all is done... I did my best to pin my pants together with me already in it... of course I have to be in the pants before I pin it, otherwise how am I going to get in it?

Coming out of the toilet I was very cautious not to walk too fast or make big movement, I looked down to check constantly ensuring the gap is not opening further especially when it got a little too breezy down south.

The rest of the night was ok... just a little distracted.

1 comment:

Mockingbird said...

I recall an incident when i was only in Sec. 1 (1985). I was on the bus and the bus conductor (back then, we still had bus conductors) kept poking me even though i had already paid for the ticket. Later then i realised my fly was open ;p