Friday, November 04, 2005


At the Beach...

At my age, I really don't get to be invited to BBQ as often as it used to be. But upon this rare chance eating some mouth watering good old fashion BBQ food, I got my whole family to be there.

Isabel loves the beach, but hate the sand. How does it work out? She'll get all excited about going to the beach but don't dare to step on the sand... I had to carry her onto the beach screaming, kicking. But once she got over it, she's ok. The only problem is she dare not move her feet too much fear that she get sand in her sandal, half hour later, her legs were so numb with pins and needles she just stood there crying for help.

I showed her how to pack the sand and make sand castle. We had a great time there. Until some kids came and kicked it down.



Getting Isabel to eat has always been a challenge, but surprisingly she didn't need much persuasion to complete her dinner, maybe its because she got her friends with her. The food was pretty well done, thanks to my lovely wife carefully watching the fire, not over cooking any of the food.

The maid enjoyed herself too not of the food, but rather the company of other maids from the same country. They are like long lost friends reunited, joking and laughing. At one time I had a nagging feeling that they are laughing at the way I speak malayu.

No comments: