Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NDP 45th Birthday

How do most people celebrate National Day?

I've not been able to get tickets to watch the actual day NDP for the past many years. I remember the last time I actually get to watch the NDP live is in 2005. Even that, was only in those heartland celebration.

1999... I remember the experience of having queued for 2 days 1 night outside National Studium with my then girlfriend (now my lovely wife) just to make sure that we get the tickets. As we are not allowed to leave our queue, we brought along food, water and tentage. At that times there was no PSP, iPhone, or wifi internet. So we brought along board-games and radio along just to kill time. I must says we had lots of fun then.

Now, to get a NDP ticket, you got to apply and ballot for it.

One thing is the idea of being there 3 hours before the event starts, seated in the hot sun while waiting for the hosts to entertain us hasn't been that appealing either.

This year, although its a long weekend, we didn't plan anywhere far. Our friend organized a pot-luck dinner on Sunday night at their Condo, we let the kids had a dip in the pool, also to let Jared get use to the water.


The evening was cool, the water was fine.


We were told to be in red and white that night.


Here we wish Singapore Happy 45th Birthday.

.

No comments: