Monday, September 07, 2009

Cloth Diaper part 1

It has been a while since I last blog.
The past  2 month has been rather occupied for me.
Friends around me often commented that the 4 month maternity leave will be so relaxing and "shiok". Now, I'm already in the middle of my maternity leave... Relaxing? Not at all, in fact I hardly have enough sleep!
Most of my times were revolved around the baby like feeding, expressing breast milk, carrying and pacifying him and of course CHANGING him.

As you know, newborn often poo and pee as many as 15 times a day in total. In order to save cost and avoid nappy rash, I have decided to try using cloth napkin in the day and disposable diaper in the night.
But never did i know that using cloth diaper can be so time consuming.... Little Jared can pee as many as 3 time in an hour. And we got to change him each time when he wet as he will be crying aloud. My poor maid is always busy washing and drying the napkins all day long.
All this last for the past 7 weeks until my cousin introduce me a new product:
Bumgenius. It is a cloth diaper that fits all baby from newborn till 35lbs (16kg).
After doing some reading on the product, i decided to give it a try. So I bought a total of 7pcs from the US.  Will write more on the review of Bumgenius after we try it out on Jared.

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

But the sacrifice is worth it isn't it? :) U are a great mom! I know of friend who uses her maternity leave to find programme for herself and leave her baby at infant care.

Looks like a good product. Will wait for your review and see if I should use it too :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Beaglesg,

It's never an easy task to look after a newborn. It's like working 24/7...hee : P

But after all the hardwork, you will get absolute satifaction when you see your baby smile at you.

regards,
astee

iLynn said...

Hi Xanthe! So did Bumgenius work out for you? I would love to save on disposable diapers too! My friend (the one who gave birth on 28th July) uses Bumwear. I'm still waiting for her reply on whether it works well for her. Meanwhile, hang in there! Baby Jared's looking so cute and growing so well, so good job Mommy!