Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting Caught

Isabel was asked to do the Maths assessment book we bought for her, Mommy assigned one page for her which she promptly went into the study room to complete it.

After 5 minutes, I was about to go check on her, she popped out of the room with all the right answers... "That was fast" I thought.

Pushing the thought aside, we assigned her another page as we thought maybe the previous was too easy, or she was getting better at it.

She quickly disappeared into the study room again and came out 5 minutes later. Every questions were correctly answered.

I didn't suspect anything until...

You see, my 5 years old Isabel has a bad habit of leaving a trail of mess wherever she goes, downside of having a maid in the house.

I was clearing up her mess in my study room when I noticed something doesn't belong to her mess of erasers and pencils... A CALCULATOR!!! She was using the calculator to do her maths questions. No wonder she can complete 20 questions in 5 minutes.

I grabbed the calculator and went to question her, she quietly admitted it. One good thing about her is that she doesn't lie, she'll face her punishment if she has to, but she'll not lie to us to get out of trouble.

For this case, I didn't punish her, I just gave her a warning not to use it again and sent her off to bed.

But I have to give her some credits for figuring out how to make use of a calculator.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi. I'm new to your blog. Thot kids are allowed to use calculator during exam, isn't it?

Ricket said...

Not if she is only in Kindergarten.

LZmommy said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Smart girl, figure out how to use it! :) You are right! You have to give Isabel credit for that ;)