Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cracked eyes

I was lying on my bed when Isabel walked to my side and said: "Daddy... why your eyes cracked?"
Me: "What? You mean my spectacles?"

Isabel: "No... Your eyes..."

Me: "Where?" Trying to deny that she's referring to the wrinkles or the "fish tail lines" thats started to form at the corner of my eyes in recent months.

Isabel: "There!" Pointing at the target.

Me: "Well... Its because my face is not as tight as it used to be... You'll get them too when you are much older."

Isabel: "Huh? Do I have it now?"

Me: "No lah... No way lah."

Isabel: "Pheew!"

I thought to myself, "its not that bad to get a couple of lines. Makes me more charming..."

But the truth is, I rather not have any.

6 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

u mean the fine lines at the corner of the eyes that all parents have? heheh...and she knows how to say phew samo so cute! haha

Anonymous said...

LOL, she actually asked you about the wrinkles..

etceteramommy said...

Aiyoh.. Daddy oso so 'ai sui'. Wrinkles also ma..

Ricket said...

Certain men like George Clooney and Harrison Ford... they look good with wrinkles. Ekin Cheng now 40 still got no lines...

Need to start on those anti-aging cream... Ha ha...

Anonymous said...

haha, isabel so cute la... eh ekin cheng takes botox by the dozen la that is why he dont have wrinkles lor.. LOL!

Mockingbird said...

Men should not dread looking old as much as women do :)